Sunday, October 18, 2009

returning home


Having been away from Bend, Oregon, this weekend, I didn't have the opportunity to shoot new refreshing pictures. On my return trip to this region though, I succumbed to taking yet one more sunflower picture, this time of a wilting cluster in front of a harvested cornfield. I enjoyed this shot because I felt that the color of the leaves complimented the sky and also the tan stalks of the background. Tomorrow I hope to embark on a new direction of pictures here, but at this point, I don't have a clue where my eyes will take me.

7 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Good to see your back, Lee! Hope it was a lovely weekend break! I love your shot, does look like fall! And I'll be looking forward to seeing where you will be lead next! Life is always an adventure -- if you choose to view it that way.

Have a lovely week!

Sylvia

Unseen Rajasthan said...

Nice that you are back !! Good Shot and have a fantastic week !!Unseen Rajasthan

Lowell said...

Welcome home! Hope you returned renewed and ready to tackle your usual challenges!

But don't you feel sorry for these poor sunflowers all scraggly and draggly? Time changes everything...

We shall follow your eyes wherever they take you as you "embark on a new direction of pictures..."

So, kinda like the guy in the photo on the wall whose eyes follow you around the room, remember we're watching you, too!

;-)

Have a great day whatever you do!

cieldequimper said...

Welcome back! Bending sunflowers on Bend DP. Very appropriate.

cieldequimper said...

Actually, it looks like they are bowing!

Raksha said...

Everyone: Please remember that the remains of those sunflowers are full of seeds, and the birds aren't going to get all of them. There will be plenty left on the ground to reincarnate the sunflowers next year.

tapirgal said...

You captured the colors and shapes wonderfully. The colors blend, the shapes wave, and it looks like a painting. It's just beautiful.