Monday, October 26, 2009

Standing proud

Yesterday I posted about the upcoming Winter season in Bend, Oregon and showed a picture of a somewhat naked Mt Bachelor. Early this morning a huge storm from the Gulf ofAlaska blasted our area and brought buckets of snow to the mountains, allegedly as much as 18 inches of white stuff. When the skies clear later in the week, I may get a peek at the mountain and create an updated post. In the meantime, the town has been pummeled by rain and freshets, clogging drains and covering lawns, streets and walks with prodigious quantities of leaves. On my way home this afternoon, I spied this proud fire hydrant wearing an epaulet on its bright red uniform. Doesn't it deserve respect?

8 comments:

Sylvia K said...

What a fun, terrific shot, Lee! I love it! Weather here in Seattle is just gray and damp -- nothing new there!

Have a great week, my friend!

Sylvia

Jim said...

Lee, the Breakfast on the Sydney Harbour Bridge sounded like fun but a very costly exercise to be enjoyed by a select few.

Lowell said...

Nice eye, Lee. And look at all those leaves. We have a strange thing here: the water oaks lose their leaves (not entirely and new ones are growing even as the old ones fall) twice a year. Makes a mess everywhere. Especially in the pool! Never seen anything like it: happens in October and in the spring.

I like this red outdoor doggy restroom.

And thanks so much for the invitation to come up your way...I've been in Seattle once a long time ago, but Lois Anne's never been in the PNW...

Maybe...one of these days?

B SQUARED said...

My dog is going crazy at the moment.

Small City Scenes said...

Yeah we will give it a 21 gun salute----KAPOW!

Snow hit out mts too and the passes got 2 feet. they only need 36inches to open for skiing. where did our glorious summer go. MB

cieldequimper said...

I'm saluting. Not that I really know how to, but I'm trying!

Raksha said...

I literally laughed out loud when I saw that bright red fire hydrant. I was NOT expecting that! I think it's because I started by reading the text on my Dashboard, and you were writing about a snowstorm. So when I clicked on the link I already half-expected to see a snow-covered mountain...but now I see that was yesterday's picture. Good one, Lee...that fire hydrant really took me by surprise!

tapirgal said...

What an imagination. I might have taken a photo of the hydrant, but I would never have thought of an epaulet. Nice leaves.