Sunday, December 20, 2009

Going my Way?

In yesterday's post I promised to take you down a beginner's run at Mt Bachelor resort near Bend, Oregon, named Leeway. At the top, the run is slightly sloping and has been groomed to make for a smooth ride. For those who seek more challenge, a skier or snowboarder can cruise through the large piles of snow on the edge or shoot off into the trees into ungroomed terrain. For our purposes, we will stick to the center and make slow looping graceful turns. I know that we don't want to go too fast and lose control or something annoying may happen. It is best to face downhill and let the skis do the turns, although this is easier said than done, but with practice I think we'll make it. I am sure you have noticed that the trail seems to drop off in the distance. Humpf, I wonder what that means? Yikes! Where's the St Bernard?

4 comments:

tapirgal said...

Funny! And a gorgeous photo. No wonder it's exhilarating.

Sylvia K said...

A gorgeous shot indeed!! And you do make it fun!

Have a great week, Lee!

Sylvia

B SQUARED said...

The dog is back with me in the lodge enjoying the view, sitting in front of the fire.

cieldequimper said...

I'm turning back.
I'll just enjoy the scenery, build an igloo, wait for spring.
Then I'll write a book that will become hugely popular over here. I'll dedicate it to you.