Sunday, May 31, 2009

Clearing the Air

Cool, moist unstable air has hovered over the high desert of Bend, Oregon in the late afternoon these past few days, sending large pine-scented raindrops downward. These are like coveted marbles falling from the sky refracting the light into a horn of plenty of sunset colors. In honor of Scenic Sunday and See It Sunday , which has violet as its theme, I chose this twilight shot as a reminder that purple connotes royalty. The background of sky and mountains is a robe on which is woven a pattern pine trees. Like a loyal subject, I pay homage to nature's benevolent show of power of beauty and feel enriched by it.

3 comments:

tapirgal said...

The photo is gorgeous - nice composition and of course spectacular colors. It certainly is a high desert look. I love your comment about "pine-scented raindrops." I could smell them! I don't often enough think of describing smells in my posts. Nice job.

Baruch said...

An amazing colour!

Unknown said...

That is beautiful!