Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A new Way of "Seeing Red"

Having the purpose of taking a picture every day, like drawing or painting for me, helps me be more relaxed and less likely to become angry at trivial events. Of course, being retired and less stressed by the rigors of earning a living, also contributes greatly to a better attitude. This better state of mind makes seeing the red of this Japanese maple against the rich blue sky of the high desert of Bend in Central Oregon all the more pleasurable. This delicate tree with its filigree-leafed canopy, one of many that adorn the downtown streets near the tea shop where I am sitting, luxuriates in the morning sun and is my prime subject for this glorious Ruby Tuesday. When viewing her majestic quality, the lyric comes floating to mind; "Red is the color of my true love's hair" and today, "seeing red" means being at peace and appreciating beauty rather than feeling anger.

11 comments:

srp said...

My brother is getting used to his new house here. He wants some variety of Japanese maple in our yard eventually. At the botanical gardens they have one that is smaller and more compact with gnarled and twisted limbs... so interesting.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

That is gorgeous, I love red trees. Visiting for Ruby Tuesdays with a thank you!

Auntie E said...

Your so right the Beauty come though next to that blue sky. Happy Ruby Tuesday.

tapirgal said...

The red is fantastic. It's hard to believe it's a spring color rather than fall. It's nice how you turned "seeing red" into something so positive. Ruby Tuesday is uplifting, for sure. I wish I could have seen the red with you.

Ivon said...

Beautiful photo for RT. You must be Irish, since you like red hair. :)

Lowell said...

Just a lovely photograph, Lee!

James said...

Nice post. I like the contrast between the red tree and the blue sky.

Bettey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bettey said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love the colors in this pic. The lake in the pic is Trillium Lake, and that is one of my favorite pictures. Hope to see more great things from Bend in the future!

laurelgrace00 said...

Great picrure Dad! Love the red with the blue sky!

Lynette said...

Yep, you've got a great one here. I've found the "rich blue sky" of Oregon simply impossible to resist and often look for something to photograph with it as the glorious back drop. Thanks!