Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Flight of Fantasy



Generally, I enjoy photographing landscapes since they memorialize the blend of lovely shapes and vibrant color which compose Bend, Oregon's character. On this cool breezy day, to commemorate Ruby Tuesday, I chose instead to capture the flying red swan mobile which graces the round-about near my home. You might think this myopic long-necked bird knows only one way, South toward warmer weather in Galveston or at least out of town to new ponds and glens. However, like most water birds, this one spins periodically in circles and go nowhere in particular. Tomorrow, the red swan will be again amidst traffic projecting his urge toward new hopes and goals and vistas. Perhaps he will inspire us to visit your city, you never know.

5 comments:

tapirgal said...

I love that sculpture of the bright orange bird. The color is always welcome when I see it! I like your comment about it spinning.

at the cottage said...

What a great mobile - a flying red swan :0) That would be so nice to see on a dreary day.

Deb

That is the chicken said...

I like the way his feathers are flying so wildly!

floreta said...

ah so many roundabouts!! like the public art.

prkl said...

One fine looking firebird with flaming color. Very good catch for RT!!